Home

2013年12月26日星期四

Net house, Empusa pennata's threatening and some photo update

When I recall my childhood memories, I remember my grandpa had made a lot of net cages for me to keep the mantis he caught from the roof ( In china, some people make their exterior roofs as farms). My grandpa is getting older and older, probably someday he will forget what he did for me, but I will always remember.

I already have a large warm enclosure to keep all my mantis warm but still i would like to make a another one. The reason is that since all my mantis are growing bigger, some of them are about to be prepared for mating in couple of weeks.
Deroplatys lobatas and Empusa pennatas, all the female start to call and the gentlemen have been adult for 1 week. I am going to let them make first attempt next week so a large space is definitely needed.







the small box inside is another net cage i made( for fun only, and can be used for laying ooth)


The plastic cover is to maintain the heat inside to keep the space warm when necessary, I got this trick from Xiaoyu (The professional mantis breeder from China)

cute empusa's threatening, one of his antennas was hurt by a violin mantis(Gongylus gongylodes) accidentally :(
  
below are some recent photos,enjoy :)




  





没有评论:

发表评论